Thursday, December 22, 2011

New fact of the day(Earth's Spin)

Few hours ago , a weird question just popped into my head , and I was so curious for an answer . Why can't we feel Earth's spin ? I thought of it for an instant , but then I then I decided I'd google it. What I actually found out is that Earth spins constantly at a speed of 3000 meters per second . We don't feel Earth's spin because we're actually part of this spin . To make it more simple I thought of Earth as an airplane .When we are in the plane up high , we don't feel that the plane is moving (just like earth) unless the pilot presses on the brakes we  then  can feel that there's a force that pushes us in our seats . Since Earth moves at a constant speed and does not speed up or slow down so we don't feel any spin .

No comments: