Those past two weeks were such a blast not only did I have fun, but I learnt a lesson behind an experience. My mates and I have been putting all our effort to help the needy orphans in Gambia. We launched a sale in the school, and sold our own hand-made stuff including bookmarks, yellow ribbons (which were a sign for supporting the Gambian orphans), Calendars, Hair accessories and much more. Thanks for those who cared much and donated. A week later, my mates and I decided to make our own show explaining the difference between the life of a needy orphan and a spoiled popular girl. The next day, the script was ready as well as the characters. I was chosen to be the needy girl who wishes to enjoy her life with her parents beside her. I knew I’ll do well since I had the potential to act like a poor girl. Day after day, my mates and I were doing our best to let this show be an outstanding one but yet dramatic. We were stressed for some reasons, but that stress brought us to a successful end. I’ve been counting the days until it was ’13/03/12”. When my alarm rang that morning, I got the Goosebumps and felt the adrenaline! I started convincing myself that I’ll do well if I just stopped feeling nervous. When I arrived to school, my friends were standing there excited but still worried like me. When the clock sharped 11:00 AM, all 9th graders went back stage while still those responsible for the sound, flashlights, and deco stayed on the stage. We all kept rehearsing our parts and made our best to sound natural. The funniest part was me putting on those oversized pjs. Thanks to the amazing Sarah who messed up my hair and applied some black face paint on my face. Now, I looked really disheveled and poor. When it was exactly 12:30 PM, the audience started getting in , and everything on stage was set including a tent on the poor girl’s side (on my side). On the other side of the stage, teddy bears and pink pillows were arranged neatly, and a huge car poster was hung on the wall (thanks to the deco). Silence, and here we start. (The act started with the narrator describing the life of the spoiled girl who has lots of friends following her. At that point, the spoiled girl appears on stage walking arrogantly with her nose up in the air. Then she meets one of her friends whom she talks with. Her friend leaves, and the spoiled girl’s spore mom appears. The girl nags and storms towards her mom shouting to her about her lost bb cover. The mom calms her daughter and orders her to go eat her lunch. The girl and her mom both leave. The flashlight then focuses on “ME”. At that point my blood ran cold. Without feeling what was actually happening, I went out of the tent and performed my first part where I was telling the audience how hungry and miserable I feel. The scene was interrupted by my two poor friends who came along with a smile on their face, inviting me to eat some rice with them. Then the narrator says ‘That’s how the poor girl’s wounds are healed even if the reason was as simple as a pack of rice”. Then the stage is cleared up and a partition is placed between both sides of the stage. The flashlight now focuses on the spoiled girl who is angry because her father got her a blue Porsche instead of a red one. Then the flashlight turns towards my side. Surprisingly, I got that courage booster and stopped feeling nervous but so emotional. I stood there helpless as any poor girl asking help from god. That scene ends with me and the spoiled girl asking for a whole different life. The next scene starts with us both lying on the ground out of consciousness. What surprised the audience was seeing the poor girl on the spoiled girl’s side and the spoiled girl on the poor girl’s side. They then understood that their wishes came true. The spoiled girl wakes up disgusted from everything. Then the two poor friends enter and the spoiled girl stands there speechless. Both girls approach the spoiled girl. The spoiled girl then realizes that she’s in a whole different world. The flashlight then focuses on me! I wake up from my unconsciousness surprised with what is happening. I run all over the stage looking at the bathroom, the living room, the stairs and everything else. As I turn my back, I find a mom standing there! (At that point on the stage I started telling myself, how would a poor orphan react when she sees her mom?!) I immediately threw myself in the arms of the mom and started kissing her. Then the flashlight goes on the other side where the spoiled girl’s life turns into a miserable one. She feels guilty that she didn’t think about those needy orphans and how they live. ) Finally the show comes to an end.
Special Thanks to Miss Hada who helped us a lot throughout the whole project including the sale and the play.
2 comments:
Salmaa..You posted abut the whole show...You must be real dedicated memorizing it till now ! You were amazing up there and we couldn't be prouder ! xoxo
-Reem
LOOL! Thanks reem <3 I was also proud from that amazing narrator narrating up there :D
Post a Comment